Tuesday, October 24, 2006

rainy day thoughts

THIS IS AMY AND I. Amy is 23 yrs old from California. She is a student in the DTS I'm staffing as well as in my small group. I meet with her each week for a one on one time. She's a very sweet girl, she has great style, she's very creative, has a really cool perspective, and is a lot of fun to be around.! It's really cool to see the work of redemption God has done in her. She will be going on outreach to Thailand in January.

So ... week 5 I guess now. Wow! I can't believe how far into the school we are already. If I had my own computer (which I'm really hoping and praying God will help provide for) I would probably be much better at updating my blog. There is just so much to say and I tend to have trouble saying it concisely!

Our speaker this week is Matt Atkins. He is speaking on "The Father Heart of God". FUN FACT: Matt spoke on this very same thing in my DTS back in 1999! He must have been one of the speakers I appreciated most, because I had my picture taken with him....which now, when I look back to, I giggle at. This week always tends to hit the emotional nerves as it is quite difficult (as you can probably guess) for many people to grasp God as "Father". In a world where there are so many Fatherless, not to mention really horrible Fathers... it can be hard for some of the students to relate to God. For some, their only image of a Father is someone who was not present, someone who abused them, someone who was physically there but in their heart, a million miles away, etc. So if you think of it, please pray for the students this week. To really understand how God feels towards us is very difficult and quite scary for some. Please pray that the students would have grace with themselves to "get it", and pray that they would be able to really hear and know what God thinks of them as His children.

It's a rainy, grey day here in Seattle. Typical. I really love it though...I'm really thankful that I'm here. So thanks to all those out there who practically enable me to be here through the gift of finances. I think of you on days like today, when I am reminded of how much I love this amazing and diverse city....

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ywam mt wooootttt hooooottt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home