Friday, August 10, 2007

i will miss this


lately my friends (who live in my house) and i have been hosting dinner for whoever wants to come. we call it "family dinner" or "community dinner" and invite our friends and then they invite their friends, and sometimes totally random people show up. i think it's super cool. i've made new friends in the u-district (where i live in seattle). we had one last night, and my friend Lucas and i made dinner.

the people who come are from all walks of life. it reminds me of something Jesus did....it reminds me of how Jesus didn't surround himself with "believers" alone. people are able to come as they are and they're offered a place of acceptance, laughter, new friends and good food.

i'm really sad that i won't be here for many more. *sigh* - just one of the many things i will miss when i leave seattle.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger rocketbird said...

I love those kinds of dinners - so special and random and fun.

Thanks again for the wonderful time we had in Seattle. Hope your move goes well.

Kara (Texas)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Carla said...

You can keep doing that ... don't stop!!! ... this is very much on my heart in Winnipeg!! I completely agree that meals and friendship/community were how Jesus lived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home