Wednesday, November 08, 2006

a BIG surprise!!!

....the other day i was talking to my dad on the phone...we were discussing what i should get for my mom's upcoming birthday....
i asked him to try to get some ideas from her and let me know, so he called me the next day and said he wasn't really getting anything good out of her. he then asked me what i would be doing on friday (this upcoming one) and if i'd want to go shopping. i thought that was a funny questions seeing as how i'm in seattle and he's in winnipeg.
i laughed and thought maybe he meant he would take his phone to the mall and we'd "shop together" over the phone. and as my laughter slowly fizzled out i asked "in seattle?" to which he responded "yes, in seattle".
can you imagine my SHOCK!? he told me they had booked tickets only the day before and that, yes, he and my mom would be here this friday until the following tuesday! they were going to just show up and surprise me, but they decided to let me know ahead of time.

SO, thank you to all who knew that this is what I wanted so badly and prayed with me for an opportunity for them to visit me here. it's the best birthday present in the world and i will hopefully have a picture or 2 to put on my next blog.

love to you all!

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this blog, I honestly didn't know how much it would mean to you to have Dad and I come and visit. We are so happy we did, no regrets. Seattle is beautiful and I loved your friends that you have in Seattle. It makes me feel better as your mom to know the people who are overseeing things in Seattle also. It was especially nice for your dad and I to hear the wonderful things people said about you. We love you, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home